Hello 2017! It’s nice to finally meet you. The holidays are over but there is still so much to do around town. Here are a few of our picks for January.
1. If you miss the art of writing a well-crafted AIM away message or still know all the words to the Spice Girl’s “Wanna Be,” then the 90s Bar Crawl is for you. There will be 90s music at every bar you manage to crawl into, so there will be plenty of opportunities to get jiggy wit it. Sorry, we had to.
2. Dive under the sea this month and see Disney’s the Little Mermaid at the Fox Theater January 12-15. The limited run time means tickets are going fast, so get yours now!
3. Running in the January cold doesn’t sound like our idea of a great time, but when you add lots and lots of chocolate to the mix, sign us up! The Hot Chocolate 15k/5k starts with a brisk run but ends with a post-run chocolate party. Dreams do come true, folks.
4. With reboots and sequels popping up everywhere, sometimes you just want the original. Watch Steven Spielberg’s Raiders of the Lost Ark while the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra performs the score live.
5. Hop City will host another Food Truck Party on January 21st from 12-4pm. Food trucks, free beer samples, free wine tastings, and an afternoon on the Westside. What more could you want in a Saturday?