Like most everyone on January 1st, we resolved that we were going to work out a little more and eat a whole lot less this year. We’re now in the second week of 2017 and the glow of the new year is starting to wear off, and with it, our motivation for sticking to our resolutions. Before you reach for that doughnut or cheeseburger or third slice of pizza, we are here to help. We scoured the city to find our favorite spots for healthy eating.
1. The end all be all of lunch spots in our (humble) opinion is Souper Jenny. Their rotating menu of soups, salads, and sandwiches is always a knock out and has options for those who are on a vegetarian, gluten sensitive, or diary-free diet. For maximum deliciousness, get their lunch special.
2. Radial Cafe is all about getting their fresh, seasonal ingredients from local sources. This "green restaurant" has a variety of menu items that are sure to please any craving you may have. They also have daily specials that include, fish tacos, a greek grilled cheese sandwich, and chocolate banana vegan cakes!
3. If you’ve recently taken on a vegetarian or vegan diet, then Cafe Sunflower should be your new favorite restaurant. They specialize in plant-based cooking, but their vegetarian menu is something even a carnivore would love.
4. Open 24 hours and in the heart of midtown off of Peachtree Street, R Thomas Deluxe Grill is an oasis of healthy and tasty dishes. They offer all things organic, vegetarian, and even gluten free! Their breakfast and southwestern plates will leave you feeling satisfied with out the guilt!
5. We are lucky enough to work just down the road from an Arden’s Garden and our waistlines are thankful for it. Get a yummy veggie juice, fruit smoothie, or organic shooter to recharge and refuel for the day.