September is here! I know. We can’t believe it either. Rather than wonder where the year has gone, we’re gearing up for all the fun that the new month has to offer. Make sure to start on this list fast—it’ll be October before you know it.
1. It’s time to once again gather in Piedmont Park for Music Midtown. The lineup is looking great with The Killers, Twenty One Pilots, and Beck headlining. Even if the line up isn’t really your scene, it’s probably your last chance to rock your flower crown this summer, and that’s something we can all get behind.
2. Fine art meets nerdom on September 10th for Star Wars and More: The Music of John Williams. The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra will perform excerpts from the legendary film composers most popular works, including Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Hook. Prepare to have Hedwig’s Theme happily stuck in your head all week.
3. Get ready to walk with 60,000 of your newest friends during the BeltLine Lantern Parade. The only rule of the Lantern Parade is to bring a lantern. So, get crafty, don’t light your lantern with an actual flame, and be ready to see the BeltLine in a whole new light. (Sorry, we couldn’t help ourselves.)
4. On September 25th, North Highland, Highland Ave, and Boulevard will close for Atlanta Streets Alive, a celebration of open streets, healthy living, and community. Come by bike or foot, and spend the afternoon with the Atlanta Bike Coalition.
5. Does being surrounded by unlimited samples of artisan cheese sound like heaven on Earth to you? Then grab your tickets to Cheese Fest on September 30th. Not only does your ticket get you all the fancy cheese you can eat, but it also comes with samples from the best grilled cheese sandwiches and mac and cheese in the city. Heaven, indeed.