October is already three days in, and there is so much to do! Whether you can’t wait for Halloween to roll around or you want spend a weekend enjoying all the city has to offer, we’ve rounded up a few can’t miss events for October.
1. Now in its 15th year, Taste of Atlanta is looking better than ever. This October, guests will enjoy tastings from over 90 neighborhood restaurants and can see their favorite local chefs demo live on one of four stages. For the diehard foodie, check out their VIP tickets for access to exclusive tents and tastings.
2. Every weekend leading up to Halloween, Stone Mountain will host its annual Pumpkin Festival. It’s a perfect fall outing for the family with boardwalk games, inflatables, and shows. Make sure to check the theme for each weekend so you can coordinate costumes!
3. Head to the Zoo Atlanta for the last two weekends in October for Boo at the Zoo. The weekend activities include a kids costume contest, corn maze, Halloween crafts, music, and of course exhibits featuring 1,500 animals from around the world! Between the animals and kids dressed in costume this year’s, it’s sure to be an adorable event.
4. Say goodbye to Turner Field with a cold one in your hand at the 6th annual Great Atlanta Beer Fest on Saturday, October 8th. There will be over 150 local, regional, and national beers to taste on the field. Beer lovers can also enjoy live music and a viewing of college football on the big screen.
5. On October 15th, Little Five Points will host “the best party of the year” with their Halloween Festival and Parade. Starting at noon there will be food and an artist market, but the real Halloween fare starts at 4PM with a two-hour parade.